Family-to-Family is a twelve-week course for family and friends of individuals with mental illness, to assist them in caregiving, coping and problem-solving.
The course is taught by trained family members. All instruction and course materials are free to class participants.
Class topics include the following:
- Current information about schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar disorder (manic depression), panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, borderline personality disorder, and co-occurring brain disorders and addictive disorders
- Current research related to brain disorders and the evidence-based, most effective treatments to promote recovery
- Up-to-date information about medications, side effects, and strategies for medication adherence
- Acquiring strategies for handling crises and relapse
- Coping with worry, stress, and emotional overload
- Guidance on locating appropriate supports and services within the community
To view a testimonial about these classes, see the NAMI National Family-2-Family website.
To locate a class in your area, click here